View Single Post
Old 02-16-2011, 10:53 AM
Sashing-Sarah709

I'm loving each and every one of these great stories. J Thank you for starting this great thread!

I have two it’s a small world stories to tell from the same trip. The summer my older sister graduated high school--her best friend was planning on going to Florida to college. She ask my sister, another girl from our group and myself to drive from Missouri to Florida with her so she could take a look around her new school. We jumped at the chance since it would be the first time we'd all been away from our families and we all felt so grown up! LOL After many warnings about talking to strangers and ‘please call us often’ warnings--we were off! We stopped in New Orleans on the way down and spent the night. We went to dinner and the server looks so familiar to me and she kept looking at me too. I reasoned with myself that there was no way I could know her. She came over and as ask if I was Betty's daughter? Oh my! She knew my mom--she'd lived for a short time in my home town a and my mom baby sat her and her twin sister! It killed me that I was in a strange and exotic city only to run into someone that knew my mom. LOL

We got to Florida and our friend took the tour of the university and we were ready to leave. As we're pulling away we decided to get gas right across the street from her school. Here I am sitting in the back of a gold Mustang, feeling all grown up and cool in my large shades and what do I hear? "Hey are you Mike's little sister?" I look up and into a goofy, smiling freckled face I knew all to well--my brother's (seven years older than me) best friend! Good grief!! LOL

After that trip, I've never considered the world to be that big of a place if you come from Missouri!! LOL

Sashing-Sarah709