View Single Post
Old 02-17-2011, 07:55 AM
3TreeFrog

Originally Posted by Millstream Mom
I was at a sewing class, and was suddenly aware that everyone had fancy expensive computerized sewing machines. I was unexpectedly very embarrassed of my ~$100 Brother machine that I had gotten at Walmart a few years ago. :oops: Which was odd - because I normally don't concern myself with "material things" - no pun intended!
My original machine was a Kenmore that I'd had for about 25yrs - and had fixed 4 times during the last 2 yrs. Finally I kicked it to the curb, and bought the Brother. It seems fine for my needs - basic stitches, but impossible to sew button holes with.
So hopefully I'll get over being prideful until my machine dies a slow and natural demise! In the meantime - can anyone point me in the direction of a reasonably priced product that they would recommend?
Millstream Mom

Why would you get rid of what seems to be working? Just look at the money that you saved on the stitches that you are not using! I guess that what I am trying to say is, if you are happy with your current machine then save your money! Or I guess you have to ask yourself do you really need all you extra stitches, gizmos, and gadgets to sew straight lines? Personally all I need is to go forwards and backwards, straight stitch and zig zag, so everything else would be lost on me! lol
Thoughts to ponder!

TreeFrog