Old 02-17-2011, 12:39 PM
misseva

Originally Posted by ckcowl
our pre-school has been making class quilts for their teacher for almost 10 years now--geez time flies--
i cut freezer paper into pages (8 1/2" x 11") press pre-washed (or pfd fabric) bleached muslin to each freezer paper page (this adds stability) and give them to the kids...they color their pictures on the fabric. after they are all done i heat set the pictures (using a brown paper bag for a pressing cloth to absorb the wax) then we sash them and make them into quilts. it has been a great long-term year after year project they really look forward to. the teacher's incorporate lessons into the project, working with shapes, colors, counting ect....we make a quilt for the class-(i think the teacher gets it...but not sure)...and one to raffle off for their end of year field trip. so...guess i'm trying to say...let them color the fabric instead of trying to transfer their work...much easier. and the crayon colors last a long time...and if it does fade it is easy to get out the crayons and 'brighten it up again' :thumbup:
I vote for this way too. It's easier on you and it's all the kid's work. Any crayons will work - don't have to spend $$$ for special ones. I used typing paper to cover mine & ironed to heat set.