View Single Post
Old 02-17-2011, 03:29 PM
Jbarrow

This reminds me of a t-shirt quilt....I was just on a cruise and one of the teachers was Winnie Fleming...She did a free lecture about t-shirt quilts....Most are just the section of the shirt where the picture/whatever is and all are cut the same size...She decided that after several quilts done this way, that they were boring...She decided to use 1/2 square triangles, 4 patch squares, and flying geese to border these pictures cut from the shirts...you can have all different sizes of pictures...you just use these borders to make them work together...say if the largest is 8x10 and you add a border that is 1 1/2 inches finished...then that total is what you go by to finish the rest...you can use several framed and sewn together to equat that larger square or rect....if they don't line up you can then add a solid strip to the smaller piece....you then sew them in strips and then together...then put on your borders...They looked wonderful...It just goes to show you that it isn't you cookie cutter t-shirt quilt....I know this isn't a t-shirt but same idea...Good luck! Don't know if Winnie has a web site but you could check...she does have patterns that are sold thru Quakertown Quilts, Inc in Friendswood, Texas...Winnie lives in Friendswood....