Old 02-18-2011, 10:48 AM
JUNEBUG

I am so glad you had a fun trip to Pa. for fabric. Here are a few of my favorite fabric shops in Lancaster area:
Oberholtzer in Goodville if you Google it you can open their site for directions it is an old country store with so much fabric it is un-forgetable. Goods Store by Shady Maple has a nice selection and not far from Oberholtzers. In Intercourse by Kitchen Kettle Village is Zooks, Old Country Store and another fabric store that opened a few months ago all 3 are within walking distance to each other on the main street. Dutchland Quilts 2851 Lincoln Highway in Ronks has a large fabric area on the 2nd floor, also with a seperate sale room--also while there if you are hungry stop a few doors down at Deeners (the food is great). If you go on the internet and put in thequiltandfabricshack there is info on this shop not far on Route 340 by the Amishview Inn they have 2 rooms of fabric with a back room with sales. Also less than 1/4 mile from the Bird In Hand Farmers Market near the tressle tracks (can't miss them) is a fabric store call Log Cabin Fabric. While in this area turn at the tressle follow the signs to the Bird In Hand Bake shop this is off the beaten path but well worth the extra 5-10 minutes to get there. (not the one across the street from the farmers market) Hope this helps anyone coming to Lancaster for some great fabric shopping, I live about 1 1/2 hrs and we are out there every few weeks for meats and fabric.