View Single Post
Old 02-18-2011, 01:19 PM
NanaCsews2

Originally Posted by Jim's Gem
Very nice room!! I love how your design board sits on the knobs of your cabinets!!

I have beautiful cabinets too, but have not worked real hard at getting some kind of design wall going. There's no room anywhere else and my handles would be in the way of someting on the cabinets. Someday I will try to figure out something for a design wall. Currently I just lay everything out on the living room carpet.
The knobs of the cabinet are actually brackets for hanging a mirror. We screwed them on and left a little space so they 'turn' just a bit to enable me to take the design board up and down'. The board is thick cardboard covered in felt, and the board 'gives' a little when I tuck it onto the brackets. Bottom 2 first, then the top bracket. I carry it from room to room when I need to. I have a big wide ironing board in my storage room next door to this room. And the bathroom is next door too. Hubby sits in the family room watching TV or if late at night-he is upstairs and I am downstairs where he can't hear me, the sewing machines, or MY TV shows I like.