View Single Post
Old 02-19-2011, 12:39 AM
JanTx

I also have an Uncle Bubba. We had a fun night with church folks one time and three sisters did a skit they called "You may be married to a redneck if..." The skit ended with "You may be married to a redneck if any part of your wedding ceremony included 'I take thee, Bubba'". Since that really is what her husband is called it brought the house down.

My Uncle Jack has a son who is also called Jack. So he is still "Baby Jack" if I'm not careful - he's in his 50's.

My grandson's name is Micah. I don't see how that's a girl name but a friend of my DD is also Micah so they call her Pretty Micah - sounds nicer than Big Micah.

Another grandson's name is Draven. In a very weird situation my son - the boy's dad - had no say in the naming of his child so he calls him DJ. Lots of people around here go by initials.

I'm a teacher and have taught Skeeter, Scooter, Scoot, and my all time favorite Boomer. I tried calling that boy by his given name, but Boomer fit him much better!

My husband's family didn't need nicknames - their real names were strange enough - his grandmother Cozy, Uncle Napoleon (Uncle NB), Aunt Venoy.

We tend to use lots of Honeys, Sweeties, Precious, and Babys around here, too. Covers up when you can't remember someone's real name! My MIL who is from Okalhoma couldn't believe when I'd call my kids "Baby" - when they weren't babies anymore. Her Texas-borm mother called her that and she always thought it was an insult - that she was acting like a baby - since she never heard any of her friends being called by that name.