View Single Post
Old 02-19-2011, 06:58 PM
Mattee

So I take it that you don't believe in capitalism? Are you willing to pay even more for your fabrics, which you will need to, if they're produced domestically, particularly if our government somehow forces companies to remain within our borders?

Originally Posted by carolynjo
Blame the government who allowed all the fabric manufacturers to move overseas so the owners could make huge profits. The Chinese are manufacturing almost all the fabric we get in the US now and of course it is cheaper. Remember when they started selling cheap quilts and undercutting real quilt artists who had worked years to establish themselves; the Chinese quilts cut the heart out of their businesses! We knew that the fabric industry would suffer greatly when the plants all left the US. I know of thousands of jobs in SC lost and hundreds of plant buildings standing empty because their work was sent overseas. It seems there is nothing we can do about it; big business has us by the throat and doesn't seem to care about us, the consumer. PROFIT drives the world now, not service and decent products! (That's all for now; my rant is over!)