Old 02-21-2011, 06:36 AM
JUNEC

Originally Posted by Flying_V_Goddess
A lot of my quilt ideas incorporate quite a bit of black in them. In the case of my Kittie quilt, its basically all black save for the designs on the shirts (black t-shirts and black crackle fabric for borders and sashing). And the other colors I pair up with it are either white or something very bright and bold like cherry red, hot pink, neon orange, etc. Very rarely do I ever come up with a quilt that doesn't have black in it and tend to stay away from the "pretty" pastels. Its like I'm a Goth quilter designing for a Hot Topic store.

I'd like to see who else on here is attacted to black fabrics and dark quilts. Can't be the only one, right?
My favorite color is black - I am 5'8" tall and have a 33" inseam - which means that it is hard to find pants that are long enough.
I usually go to Beall's outlet, TJ Maxx, Ross, Marshall or outlet stores - I walk down the rows of pants to find th lonest to try on. Generally speaking they are black.

I find that black pants, with a black top and a bright colored jacket or accessory reall pops out the accent color.

I think it works that same way with quilts. I just love jewel tones in quilts.