Old 02-21-2011, 05:49 PM
abonda

Originally Posted by Nancy in Louisiana
After looking at the blocks posted, I'm ready to give up quilting. Y'all are a tough act to follow. Each month the blocks get more and more complex and creative. Isn't it great to have an opportunity to try new things on a smaller scale than a whole quilt? Still waiting for my block this month.
Try not to follow anyone!! Just be yourself if you love to quilt then it will show through in what you quilt. toriabelle is right when she says don't compare your blocks to someone elses because everyone is uniquely different and I for one love it like that. someone may be great at applique and not so great at pieced blocks or whatever visa versa. I learned along time ago that our talents are not given to us to please us, they were given to us to please others so ....... whatever you do if it is from the heart it will be beautiful...............and the recipient will know. You better stay in Nancy I haven't traded with you yet!!!!! and I do love trying new and different things on a smaller scale it makes you go beyond your comfort zone and it surprises you sometimes.