Old 02-22-2011, 08:47 AM
jtapp9

Originally Posted by k3n
The cubes come up as hexes - the Encore book is really worth having as it gives really clear pictorial instructions for all the different kinds, The third book goes into interlocking cubes etc - I haven't braved those yet, though I have the book. Katrine on here is an absolute whizz at those! One thing though - you need the 60 deg ruler for the cubes the Clearview 6" is best. It won't work with the line on your regular ruler. Wasn't sure if you had it or not with your fancy Accucut system! LOL BUt yes, check Amazon for used ones, I get a few quilty books that way. Or how about the library?

Well, I guess that means no cubes in my sisters quilt :(. It is the Octogons. If I find the book cheap enough I may still get it..I like collecting :oops: . I don't know if I have a 60degree die for my accuquilt or not. The top I just did I started in a class 4 yrs ago and I used the special ruler (yeah, that one I JUST sold a few weeks ago cuz I was NEVER gonna do another OBW again! :roll: ) hahaha...so if I decide to do another one with hexes I will have to get another ruler.... :lol: