View Single Post
Old 02-23-2011, 02:42 PM
madamekelly

Originally Posted by Rhonda
Originally Posted by maple-norma
It would have to be cold roast lamb and tomato on grain bread with butter. Next would be a chicken and salad with onion and mayo.
While I am talking about food would you like to let me know how you make Iced Tea, It isnt popular in Australia, you can buy it in bottles,but I would love to make some. I have tried to just let tea go cold but it doesnt seem right. By the way you are all so nice and helpful I can't wait to read this forum each day cheers to you all.
I buy Nestea instant (it's a black orange pekoe I believe)and you just add how ever much you like to cold water with ice. It tastes differant from hot tea gone cold. You can also use tea bags in a large jar of water set in the sun and the sun will make it suntea. Just add ice for iced tea. Very popular here.

There are all sorts of flavored teas and herbal teas here a lot of them instant or tea bags. And fruit flavored teas. My mom likes a diet rasberry pekoe that she gets instant.

We always drank iced tea instead of pop when I was growing up. Soda wasn't very much a part of people"s lives back then,. It was water koolaid or iced tea for kids and coffee or iced tea for adults.
I use 10-12 tea bags for a gallon jar of water, and set it in the sun for at least 3-4 hours. I don't drink it super sweet, like they do down south, I use 1 cup of sugar to a finished gallon is more than enough for me. Enjoy! You can also experiment with flavored teas. My personal favorite iced tea is called Chai tea (with milk). It is from the orient. Wonderful hot or cold! (Just a caution, do not put milk in any tea that has fruit in it, curdled tea is not pretty!) :-D