View Single Post
Old 02-23-2011, 08:36 PM
fluffyme02

:thumbup: :thumbup: Amen to ALL of these!!!!! I was the only girl and the oldest of 5. The bathroom finally got a door on it after brother number 3 was born. It was not uncommon for one person to be on the potty, one in the bathtub, and one brushing their teeth at the sink. "Community room living", in a weird way. The dining room was ONLY for special occasions. I hung out REAL diapers on a clothesline, summer and winter. I used a wringer washer and started at the age of 4 sewing on buttons that had broken in that wringer. I still prefer ironing certain things. I washed enough of the kitchen floor on my hands and knees, and know NOW why my knees protest to do it that way anymore. I learned to can green beans and tomatoes and all the other, including hamburger and chicken by the age of 6, with mom teaching me how to use the pressure cooker then, but not allowing me to do it by myself until I was 10. I know how to make bread from scratch and still to this day, love it more than boughten bread. I still think that whipping didn't hurt my son anymore than it probably hurt me. Since my mom didn't sew, I taught myself how to sew, and that includes quilting. I never knew how to make clothes. Tried it several times and found I am not good at it. I never played house with any friends because I always DID house with my family. All of you have let me trip the light fantastic down memory lane. Thank you to you all!!!!!!!! I have had a blast thinking back! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: