Thread: I did it!
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2011, 02:38 AM
cbjlinda

Ooohhhhhhhhhh I have been doing the hexies for a long time now. just love them! the hand work is sooooooo relaxing while watching t.v. or just sitting around. I took my little plastic container with me to the doctors office last time and you would be suprized what a conversation starter it is. Brings back a lot of memories for people who had grandmothers that quilted. When I started my hexies I immediately went out and bought the plastic hexies with the hole in the center. this time around I am using a different method. you take freezer paper and place one piece the sticky piece on top of the non sticky side and press. you now have a double piece of freezer paper. Now mark your hexie shapes on this paper and cut them out. take them to the back of your fabric and press them down. you now have a portable hexie with no pins to stick you and you don;t have to carry all of those little hexie things around with you. they are already attached. makes it so handy to grab and go. once you have sewn them together its an easy matter of pulling out your freezer paper and you are done. sounds crazzy but it works beautifully.