Old 02-28-2011, 07:49 AM
clauskr

Yes, I'm definitely going to donate the fabrics that I can't use. Helping my mother go through things in her house has put me in a decluter mode for my own house, so I do not want to hang onto stuff not using. But I could not pass up the fabrics. I figured I would just go through it, use what I could use and then find a good home for what I couldn't use.

Tell me about doll quilts for charity? I'm assuming these are smaller quilts? Are there orgs that collect smaller quilts for kids gifts? I would love to do this as it would allow me to practice my skills while making something smaller.

Bearding? Can I use the poly blends for quilting projects at all? I know it's not optimal but I would thinking about making some quilts out of larger squares (nothing heavily pieced) for the homeless shelter. Seems like I've seen that before. I'm just thinking about putting these to good use and practicing (smile).

So no use for the doubleknits and tshirt knits? Or the french terry and wool blends? Other than clothing projects which I am not interested in doing at the moment. Those sound like a good candidate for the thrift shops.