Old 02-28-2011, 06:35 PM
Pat Heinemann

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Originally Posted by Pat Heinemann
Here is a picture of my recently purchased Singer 27. I got it for $25 and have spent some more for a new belt and attachments. I am looking for some trim for around the treadle belt openings and a wood dowel for the bigger spools of thread on the back of the top. I also am in need of one lock for the draws. Would be willing to buy another set of draws as the tracks are worn badly.
Any help would be great, Thanks Patrick.
Patrick do you realize what you have found? That is a fiddle base pre 1900 machine! What is the serial number?

Geeze, that machine looks great for being over 120 years old - I bet it is that old any way!

Congratulations!

Nancy

Nancy, The serial number is 10158844 and I looked it up on Singers site. It was made in 1891.

As for the draws the end of the tracks are worn back a bit and not sharp so the draws go back a bit more than they are suppose to. Two draws are missing the wire on top. The center draw between the two sets of draws the track is worn at the ends, they taper in. I was going to make what I have to to restore there use or get some better parts just to have it work correctly. I am going to re glue the veneer on top and the top where it is coming off. I have found a full set of attachments that cost well over the machine but I felt they were worth it with an early 1900s set of manuals.
The brass bezels go around the opening for the belt, I got some but would require opening the holes a bit bigger. I would prefer to find originals. This is a new venture for me but some patience will pay off to have a fine piece of history I can use to make some new history with.
Thanks Patrick