View Single Post
Old 03-01-2011, 10:23 AM
QuiltnCowgirl

Originally Posted by milp04
Hi,
I'm so sorry for your injury. Aloe vera gel works and should take out the pain and help with healing. Also use triple antibiotic ointment. Keep applying the ointment through out the day, then wrap lightly with gauze. Be sure to soak your hand at least once a day. If after finding and applying the aloe very gel the pain does not go away be sure to visit your doctor. Good luck with your healing process.
Pam M
Dayton, OH
Can also use vasoline rather than triple antibiotic ointment. Little known fact - a large percentage of people are allergic to one the the main ingredients in the triple antibiotic ointment. (I'm one of them) Also - a triple antibiotic is not preventative against getting an infection. It only treats an infection once it is there. It is the ointment part that assists with the healing process of the skin. This is why vasoline works just as well. Learned all this from my dermatologist as part of wound care after skin cancer surgery and then treatment of a burn from an exhaust pipe after a motorcycle accident.