Old 03-01-2011, 03:19 PM
MCH

The "nanny state" of California, or at least those who know better (read: smarter and care more) the SF Bay Area, is putting forth the possibility that one can't smoke in their apartment as there is a common ventilation system through which the smoke and smell travel.
If they do that, then they darn well better ban the cooking of horrid-smelling and nauseating foods in those same apartments! There is some really foul stuff in those pots! Smells like something someone scraped off a San Francisco sidewalk and "sauteed" in olive oil. (Apologies to the olives)
There are also those who are trying to get smoking banned in your personal car if children are in it.
Oh, and this is the same Alice in Wonderland that has legaized "medicinal" marijuana.
BTW, I'm not a smoker nor have I ever been. I'm just fed up with the "nanny state" mentality that is pervasive today.

"________ should be outlawed!" Well, there are 10 laws engraved on the Supreme Court Building in Washington, D.C. We all know how effective those laws have been. The author had the right idea, but those who read them have always wanted "qualifiers" or "exemptions".