View Single Post
Old 03-02-2011, 08:16 AM
ladydi64

Originally Posted by Naturalmama
I took a bowl out of the microwave tonight - and it was EXTREMELY hot - had it in my hand for less than 2 seconds, but it was enough. The pain felt deep on a couple of fingers, but the skin wasn't even red/white or anything other than normal looking. I've had it on an ice pack since (well over an hour) and it still really burns when I take it off the ice pack. I'm finally seeing some white patches which I'm assuming are blisters. This is just on a couple of fingers - not a huge area. (Oh, I really feel for people that have major burns!!!!) Other than keeping it cold for a while more, and clean (it isn't like the skin is open) - is there anything else to do? I've put aloe on it, and now lavender. Still really hurts! And of course it's on my right hand (I'm right handed)
Do you have any vitamin E if you do, cut one open and put it on the burn it will stop the pain and help heal at the same time. I had a 2nd degree burn on my leg from hot greasy soup and when I cleaned the burn and started using vitamin E I never got a blister. Sorry for you pain, but always remember when taking something out of the microwave it will always be hot so use a pot holder.