Old 03-03-2011, 03:39 AM
grann of 6

Originally Posted by VickiM
Originally Posted by grann of 6
Okay, 10:15 AM; is it wine o'clock yet?!?!? I am so frustrated! I am trying to quilt the QFK quilt with pinwheels on the embroidery machine, started Sunday on the Topaz with the design on the memory stick. The 3rd block I did, the design was not centered when finished. Yes, I had it centered before starting. So out came the stitches, then down to the computer and the Diamond. New needle, same thread, shredding before completing one design; changed to embroidery needle from quilting needle; still shredding. Finally got back to it today with different thread, cotton quilting thread; still shredding. Changed to topstitching needle, did one motif without shredding. Next square, shredding. I am going nuts. Any suggestions I would welcome at this point!!!!
I find that having the thread vertical instead of horizontal & the topstitch needle & a little sewers aid off & on helps alot. Is the inside of your bobbin area clean? And the little wick area in there oiled (if yours takes it)? Hope this helps...good luck!
The thread is vertical; not supposed to use sewers aid in these new electronic machines. Bobbin area is clean. Don't oil computerized machines. I think the problem is mainly due to the thread and needle going through the seams of the pinwheels; determined by where the stitches are skipping and the thread is shredding. I think the microtex needle is going to solve the problem. We'll see when I work on it later this morning. Thanks for the help.