Old 03-03-2011, 08:37 AM
Cris

BBQ Pulled pork:

put shoulder in crock with onions and either apple juice or apple cider vinegar (use less than apple juice) cook till shreddable and favorite BBq sauce (sweet baby rays) and enjoy!

Italian Beef:

Cheap cut roast, like chuck (3-4 lbs) in crock add one jar of italian dressing (I use robusto) a small can franco american beef gravy (it is campbells now) low for 4-6 hours til meat is shredable. Shred meat return to crock - add a beer (not dark) and pepperchinis, sliced some of the liquid if you want (you can always add more - don't go overboard) - I use the mild and cook for 1 more hour. Eat!

Beef Stroganoff

2 pounds cubed stew meat
2 cans Condensed Golden Mushroom Soup (used regular)
1 largish onion diced
2-3-4 tabls of Worcestershire depending on your taste)
1/2 water (I use beef broth if I have it)
8 oz of cream cheese - softened
couple of dashes of Garlic Salt
couple dashes of Hot Paprika

In the slow cooker stir in all the ingredients, except the meat AND the Cream Cheese, together. Once combined add the meat and mix together.

Cook on Low for 8 hours. Cut up the cream cheese into cubes just before serving and turn crockpot on high. Stir the cream cheese in until all combined. You might have to put the lid back on and leave for 10 minutes.
Serve over egg noodles.
When adding the cream cheese, I found if I microwaved it and tempered it with the broth from ther crock pot, it mixed better and was not lumpy. This is one of the best stoganoffs, I am always giving out the recipe.