View Single Post
Old 03-03-2011, 10:42 AM
gal288

Originally Posted by Rumbols
I finally got my block done last night but I can't post pictures as I have no camera. Anyway, I couldn't do the needle turn because I couldn't see the lines so I used Eleanor's way of using the fusable Pellon for creating all of the pieces. That way I could take them to work and turn them on my lunch hour. The small circles didn't work with the Pellon. I ended up using fusible to get the circles on. I hope that is okay. I did sew everything but the circles by hand to the background. The circles I sewed on by machine with a blanket stitch. First time and it doesn't look too bad, if I say so myself. I hope I am allowed to do it this way? Also, the hand sewing gave me two fingers with giant holes on my left hand where the needle poked on the under side; when one got too sore to use, I switched to a different finger. I am glad I have time before the next one to heal. Thanks for listening.

You. Doo your quilt any. Way. You choose, there is no right or. Wrong way, just. Have. Fun!

You should. See my fingers after all. The years I have hand sewn, there are. Permanent dips & calauses