Thread: Y Seams
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2011, 08:27 PM
sewmom204

[quote=MTS]I just took a look at the picture of the pattern.
http://www.stitchntimefabrics.com/sh...sku-K10474.htm

Are your red squares the equivalent of the little white squares in the corners of the blocks, or the center of the block? I'm assuming that it is the white squares. me:(YES)

You might want to post a picture of more of the quilt top so people can see exactly what you're talking about as it's really not a Y-seam technique problem.
You'll certainly be a pro at Y-seams when it's done. :-)

That is some pretty funky piecing, but easy enough to do.

If it were me, I would be doing Y-seams at the top, side and bottom of the red squares in this row of blocks as you join it to the next row of blocks.

Basically, all 4 corners of the red squares are done as Y-seams

So the whole purpose is to NOT have seams in the center squares or the corner squares. I guess it depends on the fabric, but I can see howy that would create a "how she'd do it" look ..Interesting. Actually, it gives me some ideas for something I'm working on. Thanks. I LOVE doing Y-seams!
quote]

here are additional pictures of the progress. It's going slow and requires alot of handling of the quilt, and yes I'm getting real familiar with how to stitch "Y" seams. Still not a fan though. Atleast not this kind where it is set in on all sides. Will be real cool though when finished.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-146001.jpe   attachment-146002.jpe   attachment-146003.jpe