Thread: what wou do?
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2011, 02:38 PM
catmcclure

Originally Posted by jmabby
Hi,
The last week of Nov I bought a floor model sewing machine, they claimed it had less than 30 hours on it. Well, I got it home and couldn't get the bottom stitches to sew right, took it back after the holidays, left it with the dealer. A week later I got it back and found out the timing was bad from the factory, got it fixed -- I have a 2 year warranty on the labor. The machine started acting up again, sometime stopping completely, and at times felt sluggish. I wanted to take it back, but with the bad weather the roads were too bad, (I brought it from a shop 100 miles from my home) finally, the last week in Feb I took it to the shop, it still isn't fixed, they send it back to the factory. I told the owner I would like a new machine, but he said until there is a track record of the machine not working they don't do that. I paid with a check and now don't know what to do. Any suggestions?? They did give me a machine to use while mine is being fixed.
Most states, especially California, have a "lemon law" regarding automobiles. I don't see why it shouldn't also apply to sewing machines - especially since some of them cost more than a car.

My suggestion is call the CEO of the sewing machine company. You are in a position to comment unfavorably about their machines in forums of women who are their customers. They don't want the bad publicity and will probably work with you to solve this problem.

My late husband was supposed to get a grave marker from the VA. 9 months after his funeral, the funeral director told me they still hadn't been able to get the marker from the VA. He also said several other families were having the same problem. I told him I'd take care of the problem. The next business day I made two phone calls. The next day the funeral director called me wanting to know whom I'd called - he was getting phone calls from the VA seriouslly kissing booty. I told him my first phone call was to the White House (Clinton's) and I explained my problem to the switchboard operator. She gave me the direct phone number of the Secretary of Veteran Affairs. I called him, explained my problem, and it was taken care of immediately.