Thread: Y Seams
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2011, 02:45 PM
sewmom204

Originally Posted by MTS
Originally Posted by sewmom204
Any suggestions?
Teresa
I have no idea what your skill level is, and how comfortable you are FMQ-ing, so let's just assume we're working with straight lines.
(I'm not real good a FMq-ing, mostly because I haven't had alot of experience. I am quilting on a Janome 6600P it has a wonderful mock hand quilting stitch that I love.
(there were no pictures attached of yours that I could see with your reply here)

On the rare occasion I do do the quilting, my actual skill level consists of the Bernina #4 stitch - see picture below. (no picture, sorry) :(

I definitely like the double lines better, and I like how the lines make a grid that's different from the actual piecing grid. I like that a lot.

I'd go around the red square as well. (Good idea, I will do that also, in the ditch)
You can switch up the thread - use white on white, red on red, or black on black - same for the borders, if that's what you're comfortable with.

Maybe in the border
Or you could just continue the grid pattern from the blocks into the borders.
( I meant to continue the lines on my illustration to go into the border, that is my plan anyway)
;) ;)
Thank you so much for your suggestions. The binding will be red so I think it will give it that extra pop of color
Teresa