View Single Post
Old 03-07-2011, 07:51 PM
sewbizgirl
Power Poster

Originally Posted by justwannaquilt
I hate to rain on the parade here and I think making blocks and sending them in to some place like moda is a nobal thing to do and its awesome the THOUGHT behind this project....HOWEVER!!!!! You NEVER NEVER NEVER give a Veteran a quilt that looks like a flag. For to many of these guys that have been wounded they suffer from PTSD! I know my husband is one of them and being given even a quilt to lay over them reminds them of being in a coffin draped with a flag! Which causes MAJOR setback in recovery from this horrible disorder.
Moda should have a little tack and realize this or at least ask questions first.

Sorry for my interruption I am sure many of you will send blocks anways, just wanted to put the truth out there!
Actually, tho it bears resemblance to parts of the flag, it doesn't look like the American flag. It is supposed to be a banner, not a flag...

My husband was a Marine in Vietnam, has ptsd, and thought the project was a lovely idea. The patriotic colors are to signify the country they served, and that country thanking them for their service.