View Single Post
Old 03-10-2011, 05:14 PM
Momsmurf

Originally Posted by mhansen6
I was born, raised, and lived most of my life in Oregon. I wouldn't want to live anywhere else. We have so very much here, except good politicians. I live in Central Oregon, called the High Desert. I am 30 minutes away from a world class ski resort. In the summer there are mountains and lakes to explore. We also live 3 hours from the Pacific Ocean, 2 hours from the Columbia River with world class wind surfing. There is Ashland with the Shakespearian Festival, Portland with concerts and everything a large city has to offer. We also have great universities here GO DUCKS!!! Oregon has it all.

Currently in Oregon also...and I must agree with mhansen6, as far as the state is - PHYSICALLY! Everything else? well, let me put it this way...I'm from Hawaii originally and the same problems exist there...Portland has an admitted "Queer Mayor" ... and there is a slogan about keeping it weird... a rather strange attitude. But, I'm sure there are worse to be found. Lived outside of Chicago for 10 years, and as I say, Illinios is a nice place.....to fly over. So Oregon is nicer.