Old 03-12-2011, 06:31 PM
susiequilt

Originally Posted by VickiM
Originally Posted by susiequilt
Originally Posted by SandyinZ4
"I'm....sewing with a saddle stitch an outline of a 5" star using the pinwheel colors in each square to put between my pinwheels."

Please post a close-up pic as I have no clue what a saddle stitch is and would love to see. Thanks!
I can't take pictures since I don't know how to work my new camera but my saddle stitch is a built in decorative stitch on my Janome 9000. The machine takes a forward stitch, then a backwards stitch, then another forward stitch to make a line that's triple the size of a straight stitch.
I thought it would be a nice touch and I will work on it again today.
I know it's operator error!
:-D
Do you have stabilizer under where you're trying to use that stitch? If you don't have tear away stabilizer then use freezer paper ironed lightly onto the back of the fabric, tears easily off. And are you using the thread vertically and a topstitch needle may work better. I love my 9000, it's a real workhorse! Good luck.
Yes, I used a tear away stabilizer. I am not using the thread vertically with this machine, never heard of that. I'll have to check out what a topstitch needle is. Lots to learn with this new to me machine!

:-D