Old 03-14-2011, 09:02 AM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by nett2
This is my first time to try to post pics here but just gotta try so I can show ya'll they jewel I found yesterday. I've already named her Annabelle. From the best I can make out the serial # is G8459271 which I think makes her a 1910 model 15 Red eye. It has the singer swing away motor but I need a new rubber on the little wheel that touches the bigger wheel. The guy I bought her from said he thinks the contacts are bad in the foot pedal. DH can hardly wait to tinker with her but even if she never works properly she will be a beauty to look at once she's cleaned up.
Beautiful Redeye, but 'Annabelles' birthdate is November 3, 1920. I was really surprised when you said 1910, as I think the Redeye was first produced around 1913 or so. Anyway, it is really easy to get those numbers confused when you get into 7 digit numbers!

Congratultions! She was probably one of the first to get electroized (my word), because it was in the 1920's, that people started getting machines that were not people powered.

Enjoy her! Oh and you have a classic Model 66!

Nancy