View Single Post
Old 03-15-2011, 03:08 AM
edensgaite

Originally Posted by jeaninmaine
I think it's tough to make that kind of decision. A friend of mine married a gentleman she'd been exchanging emails with for over a year before they met. Some people have had it work out fine, others have been raped and killed, it's like a game of chance.

I'd be real tempted to have a friend get a picture of the two of you together. Stick with public places til you know him a little better. Introduce him to some of your friends, so he'll know that if anything happens, you have people who care about you that know who you're with. How about making the first date a double date so you're not alone with a total stranger.

Don't forget the old trick of always having enough money with you so you can get home if anything goes wrong or you have an disagreement(and we did that with people we knew). Keep your cellphone handy.

While this may be true it does not happen with just online dating. It can also happen with a person you meet in the "old fashioned" way. You just treat it with caution, be aware. As always take a self defense course, whether you date online or thru a chance meeting, its good to have some basic skills. And one last note, always listen to that inner voice that tells you something is not right, chances are they're not.
mikki