View Single Post
Old 09-21-2007, 02:05 PM
CassandraE

Originally Posted by quilterj
like your trick or treat bags. i have been looking for a good size pattern to make for my grandkids this year. how big are your squares? have you made this bag a little bigger? how long of a strip did you make for the handle?and did you use low loft batting?about how much material did you use? lots of questions!!!! jeanette
I used 7 inch squares with a 1/2 inch seam allowance so the squares wound up 6 inches sides and bottom are 3"x13" again 1/2 seam allowance I used batting that I got at walmart dont know what it was called but it looked like felt almost but wasn't it came on a bolt it was very easy to work with and cut I used my roatery cutter to cut it!! the handles ar 12 or 14 inches x 2 inches i just folded the fabric under and sewed a line down the middle then sewed to bag. I have not made it bigger but it can hold alot of candy for one bag it was like 1/4 yard of each of the materials so i spent all of 2 or 3 dollars making this bag!!! can't beat that price and they can use it over and over!!!!

Cassandra