View Single Post
Old 03-18-2011, 10:15 AM
Demshine

Originally Posted by purrfectquilts
Here is the scoop: Vincent just turned 4 and his favorite colors are red and blue he tells me. I asked what his favorite things were and got a whole long list (all of which are in the quilt). Then his dad stepped in and wanted parts of his hunting clothes included, etc. Then I was told add some bear and some deer.

The family is completely happy with this top and I am about to send it off to be machine quilted for them.

Personally, I think it may win the vote for the ugliest quilt I have ever made!

When it comes back and I can get a better full shot,it might look better. Most things do after they have been quilted and washed once.
Is Vincent your Grandson or Nephew? YOu did a great job on depicting just what the family wanted, and any 4 year old will just love it! It will be a heirloom to him forever, and something to talk about to all his friends. Imagine the pride when he gives it to his child when he is grown!

I made a quilt for my son, 1/2 Oakland A's, 1/2 SF Giants baseball theme with disappearing 9 patch theme. He loves it and he is 12 now. Uses it everday and brings it along when watching TV on the couch. I can see little Vincent doing the same thing!