Old 03-20-2011, 09:50 AM
melinda1962

Thanks everyone for the comments on the 319W. Not sure if all the 319 machines are the same, but mine says 319W on the front of the machine, so I am pretty sure what it is. Just FYI, though, even the sewing machine parts houses online are conflicting about the bobbin case for this machine. 173058 is the only one that will work in my machine. There is a little peg at about 5 oclock inside the bobbin race, and this one has a notch and is enclosesd circle, forcing the user to use the 206x13 needle, that will work. The online stores offer one that is 105032 that does not have the notch in it at the 5 oclock point, and has the top cut away for a regular 15x1 to clear. I didn't try to cut the 5 oclock notch when this one came in the mail first, I just waited for the one with the original number and 203x16 needles to come in and try, with great success. I like to put the machines back in their most original state, so I had wanted to do it that way anyway. Either way, it is a cool machine. I downloaded the 111 page book, and it tries convincing the owner that it is a simple machine to use, but I would have to refer to the book often to change the stitch patterns. So many options it is crazy, but that is what makes it neat.