View Single Post
Old 03-21-2011, 11:23 AM
purrfectquilts

Originally Posted by Terricat
I'm so glad I saw this today---such a good example of what we certainly CAN do without the Quilt Police. I have looked at many kinds of fabrics and thought 'oh, how could I make this up for a grandchild, or this one, or that one, or those . . . . With yours we don't have to choose just one theme, we can have all of their favorite games, toys, hobbies into ONE quilt instead of a half-dozen separate quilts, and keeping the costs under control too. I LIKE IT, A LOT!
It will soon be back from being machine quilted. I can't wait to bind it and wash it so that it shrinks a tad giving it more of a real quilt look. I had serious doubts about this quilt, but it grows on you after you get a better view of it. And, yes, it very much does include all this four-year-old boy's favorite things. I am hoping that the family sends me a picture when he gets it, but likely that is not going to happen. They have had many other quilts and only a couple pictures over the years. But, we can imagine, can't we? Also, don't forget we can make them reversible very easily these days with even more things on the back.