Old 03-21-2011, 02:25 PM
quilt3311

Mole Foam (Dr.Scholls) for seam guide. cut into 1" x 1/2" and stick at 1/4" line on machine. Its about 1/8" thick --also stick about that big a piece on the machine to hold pins as I pull them from a seam.

Curved ceramic trimming tool to turn applique edges.

Oven protector sheet -instead of fusible pressing sheet

Freezer paper for paper piecing. Deli papers for smaller
paper piecing.

Dye Magnets to put in machine when I wash a quilting project. They are color catchers for excess dye.

Poster Board for making sewn in circles.

cups, plates, saucers etc for drawing circles. Also for rounding corners on a quilt or drawing in scallops.

Cups to hold misc. pencils etc.

Pony tail stretch bands (about the size of a nickel) around bobbins and bigger ones for thread cones.

Mans mustache trimmer for ripping seams I use a Wahl brand.

For you in farm country. Hog castration knife for a seam ripper. Sorry if that offends anyone, but they do work like magic for ripping seams.

Door stops (2)to raise the back of your sewing machine when sewing at a retreat or class table.

Door peep hole to put distance on a project. Camera lens also works well.

Fishing tackle box for taking "stuff" to a retreat--will hold threads, extra needles and about any tool you will need.

Match box car case--not sure these are still made but spools thread just fits where the little cars were supposed to go.

Paper towel cardboards-to wrap blocks around so they don't get mashed in a box. I put a piece of muslin next to the cardboard then wrap the blocks to keep them from getting messy.