Old 03-22-2011, 03:55 PM
kwendt

Originally Posted by Kitzone
Originally Posted by sew wishful
Originally Posted by Kitzone
New Project: White Rotary from around 1927. Crinkle finish with a knee control. Needs a spool pin and motor. Could anyone tell me where I might find either and what type of motor I need??
Thank you for any suggestions as I have been searching and feel like I am at a loss.... I am not even sure how to identify the Model Number. Maybe this one will have to go "As Is" to someone else. :oops:
Wonder if this is a cousin or any relation to a Grand Rotary?? I love the scrolling image stamped into the metal. Wonder if you could crank this one? Does the light plug in separately? I see the cord going down into the base of the machine. It's a beauty. Hope you get it running somehow.
What does the rest of the cabinet look like?
Photo Update 1930 White Rotary: Here is a photo of the cabinet. I think the lamp cord attaches to the missing motor (found replacement on ebay along which a spool pin - thanks Nancy!!). As far as being a cousin to the Grand Rotary, they were not made by the same company. White had several badged machines, a couple surprised me - Minnesota's, Franklin's, and Florence's. I think the Grand Rotary Damascus may have been sold by Montgomery Ward. A very nice highly sought after sewing machine.
Nancy was kind enough to share her vast knowledge and resources with me and I hope to have the SM up and running soon.
If you have extra time check out:
http://community.webshots.com/user/a...ession?start=0
Wow... that's one fabulous looking machine. How cool is that crinkle finish with the cast swirly scrolls! Beautiful cabinet.