Thread: Quilt Label
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2011, 08:19 PM
Gerbie

Originally Posted by StitchinJoy
I made a Word document or Powerpoint slide and print it out on Printed Treasures. I make sure the label has all the data, name of my quilt, may name (including my maiden name), date, who it was for, etc, and a place for me to sign it in Pigma pen.

I want my signature on all my quilts. Today I only sign birthday cards, Christmas cards, and checks. And lots of people don't even sign those things! In 100 years there will be no handwriting. Some schools aren't even teaching cursive now. I just think that maybe someone inheriting my quilts will get a kick out of seeing human handwriting from 2011.
Now that's a great idea, signing in your own handwriting. Yes I know they don't teach handwriting in school anymore. I am a retired first grade teacher and handwriting is no longer part of the state curriculum. That is so sad. AFter I retired, I taught math tutorials for 5 years to fifth grade students and most could only print. They had no idea how to write in cursive. Very few had a 2nd grade teacher to show them how. I dread to see what will happen when these students have to try and sign a legal document.