View Single Post
Old 03-26-2011, 07:44 AM
auntjo

Never have colored my hair and long time ago swore to myself I would just let it be what it was going to be... My oldest D is 6' tall - I'm 5'6". Many years ago when she was still a teen, she would tower over me & if she noticed a grey stray, would want to pull it. Of course I wouldn't let her - I teased her then if I let her do that I'd eventually go bald...; & that was when the youngest two boys were still little... Up until about 2 years ago for the most part it still looked pretty dark overall & I'd tease my DH as his is almost snow white. So I've actually made it quite a long time before it was really noticeable. I've been teaching f/t again this past year & for the first time I had a student ask me "what color did your hair used to be?" Without really thinking much about it I replied "the same color it is now w/o the grey!" But it did make me sit up & notice that I've hit that point where it doesn't have the overall dark look to it any more because I've got that much more grey in it. I'm with the others tho - every one of those grey hairs has a name to it & has been earned living the good life !! :) They're going to stay that way & I am adjusting to it (slowly).