View Single Post
Old 03-26-2011, 08:28 AM
justflyingin

I think the sitting area for the men (with magazines) and the play area for the kids are great.

IMO, you don't really need to provide free coffee/tea/but if there was vending machine that dispensed it, it would be good enough. :)

Friendly clerks make up for a lot. If the one store does such a bang-up business on the one evening they are open til 8 pm, then why don't they stay open late a couple of evenings a week?

Haven't been in that many quilt shops, but I can't imagine fulfilling all of these dreams. It would be sooo expensive, I can't even imagine! :) High turnover of fabric, constant sales, free printouts of patterns, etc.

I know that the books at 20% off is a great thing. One lady in her craft shop had DMC floss at the same price as Walmart because it was cheaper than advertising and brought many people in her shop. Books could work the same as that for you--assuming people still want paper and ink books. When it comes to patterns, I can't see how they can be beaten (as opposed to Kindle versions.)

Maybe some classes on using EQ program would be great (a one or two day class). That would be neat.