View Single Post
Old 09-25-2007, 05:09 PM
live2teach

I haven't made any quilts and sold them but I do make the raggedy purses, wallets, make up bags, change purses, tote bags and pencil bags and sell them. I make some "already Made" for people to just buy, but they are gone almost as soon as I make them, so usually I never have enough time to keep very many already made things on hand. So far, most of my orders for purses have been custom made orders, I let the customer choose the fabric, style, pockets, closure, etc. then I make it. I also make candles and jewelry and sell them, now these I always make and then sell. I do get custom orders for candles and jewelry every now and then. I have been wanting to go to fairs and different festivals and have been invited to a few but haven't had time to go because of all of the orders i've had and b/c of depending on what was going on in my life at that time. LOL. The next festival coming up is a fundraiser for an elementary school in a neighboring county, I was asked/invited to bring my items and set up. With this we pay like $3.00 for a table and then 10% of sales go to the school. It isn't until the end of October, so we'll see. I am in the process of setting up a website, it is taking longer than expected, I never have time to sit on the net long enough to get anything done. I also have been asked to bring my purses this Christmas to the Medowbrook Mall and put them in a candy shop on Consignment. I haven't decided about that yet either. The local quilt shop opening up was maybe wanting me to teach a class and sell my purses and other quilted items I make there, but it hasn't opened yet. So, we'll see...By the way, I had always wanted to make things and sell them and never thought I would. I designed my raggedy purses and once everyone saw them, I kept getting orders and then more and more and then people starting mentioning purse parties. LOL. I had my first purse party in August, I have another one coming up, just as soon as we set a date and then another this Fall. I postponed the parties until after we get finished moving, that way maybe I can get a few made beforehand.