View Single Post
Old 09-25-2007, 07:05 PM
jbsstrawberry

I can't get over the "guilt factor" when it comes to pricing. When I see something I like at a craft show or festival and I can pretty closely estimate how much it would cost making it myself, I can't bring myself to buy that item...even if I really want it... So when I go to price my things...I automatically feel the same way about charging prices. I realize that underpricing is almost worse than overpricing, and have underpriced myself out of many sales. Even when you are doing said project right in front of the customers...they still think its cheap imports and not handmade. But overprice, and wait for the rude comments to fly. When I do a middle of the road pricing (my comfort zone) if compliments were money I'd be rich. Some of the information here has made me feel a little more comfortable with pricing...but not really confident to do so. When I first started setting up at fair's and shows, a very kind lady told me "honey...its simple...its the 3X's rule. You charge 3X's more than what it cost you to make." However, I've found that most often underprices me to death.