Old 03-27-2011, 08:53 AM
GrannieAnnie

Originally Posted by kaykwilts
Originally Posted by Rose L
Very interesting piece of furniture. I am old enough to know what an ink well is but young enough to have used a cartridge pen in school. Makes me wonder what odd things my kids will have knowledge of in the years to come but not have been old enough to use them. I bet records/LPs are one of them. Ha!
just gotta tell ya'll this story.....one day my hubby and oldest son(he was about 7) were in an old "junk" type store...you know, the ones that are really disorganized and messy. Anyway, the son came upon some old 45 records....he held one up and said, "Hey Dad, what kind of a cd is this?" :lol: :lol: My hubby just grinned :wink:
My sis in law who's a tad older than me and who grew up in Los Angeles was shopping with me at an antique mall a few years back. I spied some of the aluminum clips that we put in our wet hair to set waves. She had no idea what they were. If you don't know, don't ask me to explain farther--I'm not good at descriptions.

Came back to edit post

I googled "aluminum wave clips" and found several references to them. Some were made by the same "GOODY" company who still makes so much of our hair thingies.