View Single Post
Old 03-27-2011, 09:30 AM
Iamquilter

Originally Posted by I go To The Sea To Breathe
I live in Rapid City, 22 miles from Mt. Rushmore and I too love to go there. Our DD singing group sang in the ampitheater in the evening one year. (these were kids under 8th grade) and it was wonderful. So many people coming to the Hills now from all over the world. The first weekend in June is the Crazy Horse Volksmarch open to the public. We have gone twice and it was awesome. People all around speaking in foreigne languages. There are a lot of neat things to see out here. I am afraid that the Hollywood set has found us. But we don't bother them is they don't bother us...Be sure and drive through Spearfish Canyon if you come this way, and we do have some nice little quilt shops along the way. And we have even found garnets in some of the streams and of course a little gold. But don't tell anyone...the camping is great, but be sure to bring coats, we have had to wear coats on the 4th of July at night to watch fireworks....and there are not those pesky biting bugs in the hills. they all moved to MN.
We'll send them bugs back to you. We don't like them her either. LOL