View Single Post
Old 03-27-2011, 02:36 PM
butterflywing

Originally Posted by StitchinJoy
Originally Posted by snicktrain
As everyone else has said, incridible, beautiful, wonderfull, etc. They were all that and then some. Someone would have to make up more words for that show. And it was FREE????????? Unbelievable. That's incridible too. Such fun. Pack a sack lunch and make a total day of it. I wonder how long it took to set up. How long are they going to be there? Are they going to switch out the other 400 +- quilts. How long has she been quilting?? Did she quilt all of these herself or is she a collector also? She sure has good taste and talent! WOW
I don't know whether she is a quilter. Almost all of the quilts are antiques. I think most are 19th century.
she's not a quilter. as of now, she doesn't plan to switch out.
that's what the white-glove ladies have to say.

there are a number of new ones, machine pieced and hand quilted. a very few machine quilted that i was able to see. i don't know about what was up top.

i only saw three dates and those were worked in as part of the piecing ...1858, 1856 and 1853. none of the others that i saw were dated. many had places worn right through and many had holes due to the red dyes. it will be there until the 30th.

ADD: i only saw one that had a small pale flowered print on the back. the rest were all muslin. of course, the backs were mostly hidden by other quilts.