View Single Post
Old 03-27-2011, 07:18 PM
Sadiemae
Power Poster

My late DH was a service connected disabled veteran. VA supplied us with the concentrator for the home and portable tanks for outings. Then we went to the liquid oxygen for going to the hospital and on outings. It was much better because the liquid would last all day and the tanks would have to be changed before we got home. It was a 2 1/2 hour drive to the hospital for his appointments. They also have portable concentrators that have a battery pack and are nice because you don't have to fill them and they are smaller(These are advertised on tv and they can be quite expensive). I do think the liquid is more expensive than the tanks(we had a large tank that we filled the portable from), but I don't know for sure because VA supplied them for us. Your suppliers will be able to help you. The wheel chair that we had could hold a tank, and I know the wheel chairs at the hospital also had a place that held tanks. If your hospital has a social services office sometimes they can help you get what you need without it costing you an arm and a leg. This is the way we were able to get a power chair for him. Good luck and Blessings to you and your daughter.