Thread: New foster
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2011, 05:59 AM
Angelmerritt

Originally Posted by damaquilts
No disrepect meant.:-) My name is Sheila so I get called Shelly, Shirley and who knows what else. So I under stand that part.
What a wonderful way to get your animal fix. And thank you for being a responsible pet owner. We got to the point in GA that we were very wary of adopting to military familys simple because it was like they wanted to adopt for a while and then give them back when they moved.
Oh no, I didn't take it wrong, just trying to say that there might be a few decently nice Angel's around. ;) Yes, military people are REALLY bad about disposable pets. I also screen VERY carefully before adopting out to them. Since I live in a military town I proudly wear a button on my jacket that says "Pets are not disposable" and similar bumper sticker. Some people stop me and say they agree and one teenager asked me what it meant. I always advocate that military make GREAT foster homes, but not neccessarily great permanent homes. Maybe one day I'll reach just one person! Thank you for fostering too. We need more like us.