Old 03-28-2011, 06:38 AM
catmcclure

I have a friend whom I love dearly. I dread hearing that he died in his house and wasn't found for weeks. The house in that woman's photographs is cluttered with tidily boxed items. His house is basically piles of trash inside 4 walls and a roof with heating. He has a four/five bedroom house with a huge kitchen and family/living room - it's over 100 years old. There is a narrow 2-1/2 foot walkway through the house with a couple of side paths. I would post a video of his kitchen, but it's scary. There is a pile of empty (rinsed out) plastic milk jugs and tin cans (also rinsed out) that is almost up to the ceiling. Same thing in the family/living room, except it's cardboard boxes and packing boxes.

I am probably the only person in the world (besides him) who knows that the attic contains a Noritaki service for 12 from the 60's that's never been opened. Ditto for silverware to match. There's also a large collection of guns, antique coins, and souvenirs (expensive ones) from his service in Japan and elsewhere (starting in the 60's).

I asked him to post a sign somewhere to tell his executor to contact me so that I can assist the cleanout of his house after he passes away. He's almost 80 now.