Thread: Ott lights.
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2011, 07:22 AM
shaverg

I have an Regular lamp that uses an Ott Lite bulb that screws in like a regular bulb, I use it for reading. I also have a Ott Floor lamp that will only use a plug in type bulb the bulb for it is $30, the ott lite bulb for a regular lamp is about $11.

I bought my ott lite light bulb for my regular lamp at JoAnns. They are sometimes hard to find but you can get them online.

This is a web site, that might help.

http://www.google.com/products/catal...7XT5g&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&wrapid=tljp130132599345306&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=14661128631370072352&sa=X&ei=r6iQTcivHYq-sAOWmOieAg&sqi=2&ved=0CF8Q8gIwBA#

Originally Posted by Wunder-Mar
As others have said, the lightbulbs only fit OTT fixtures.

The OTT Lights themselves are worth 10 times what I pay for them in terms of SAVING MY EYES from strain and premature aging, matching colors, etc. I can do 8+ hours per day hand sewing or embroidery with an OTT light and never feel it. Also, they're terrific for reading (studying) and an absolute godsend for small-scale intricate work like beading or petit point embroidery.

I bought a flip-up Task light for my Mom for her 75th birthday a decade ago and she is STILL raving about how huge a difference it makes in her hand-sewing and crafts work. By her recommendation alone, over 20 of her friends in her various craft and social groups have bought OTT lights. (No, I don't work for them!!!)