View Single Post
Old 03-28-2011, 07:19 PM
cnolan

I will be glad when this one is finished, because I am already tired of pinwheels! (LOL)

I have been trying to finish old WIP's (aka UFO's) lately, and as I was digging through my bins, I found a bunch of fabric I had cut into strips for a Turning 20 (I think!). I had also sewn some of the strips together (some sets of 2 narrow strips, and some with 1 wide and 1 narrow strip).

Not only can I not find the pattern now, but I was not THAT wild about it anyway, so I figured I would play around a little and see what other way I could use these strips. There must be a pattern similar to this design somewhere in the world of quilting, but this was not looking at any pattern, just playing around.

It is laid out on my King size bed. 6 of the pinwheels are actually assembled, the rest are just laid out. I have at least one more combination of these fabrics that I could make, but not sure if I really want to make a quilt this big (even considering breaking it down into 2-3 lap quilts!)

Anyway... enough with the "novel" of an explanation! Here are some pic's of my current WIP.

up close #1
[ATTACH=CONFIG]176834[/ATTACH]

up close #2
[ATTACH=CONFIG]176835[/ATTACH]

"big picture"
[ATTACH=CONFIG]176836[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-176828.jpe   attachment-176829.jpe   attachment-176830.jpe