Thread: Quilt curtain!
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2009, 09:37 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Originally Posted by butterflywing
i think weight is on your side. it seems that you would want it to hang as close as possible to the door (like double glazed windows) as you can and still let the cat in and out. i would even put weighted chain the bottom for that purpose. during the day, or in warm weather, swag it back to a decorative hook. and i would hang it high, to keep out as much draft as possible. remember that heat rises (you don't want to lose that) and cold falls (right around your feet). i would hang it smack against the wall with a quilt hanger, pinch or dowel type, no gathers to create tunnels for the air to move around in.

your only concern will be outside light coming through the glass. it may fade the quilt and the batting and backing will not protect it.
A tie back is a great idea! I was concerned about fading because that door faces south and there's no room to pull it right back behind the wall; But hey ho! It's being made to be used - by the time dog, cat and kids with sticky, dirty fingers have been at it - well it'll just have that 'lived in look'! :D

k x